Job Title: Principal Software Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Job Status: Interviewing
Date Posted: 01-25-2021
Company Address: CohesionForce, Inc.
Street: 101 Quality Circle
Suite: Suite 140
City: Huntsville, AL 35806
CohesionForce is actively seeking candidates for a Principal Software Engineer to become part of the Ground-Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSC) Team in Huntsville, AL.
– Designs, develops and tests displays, controls and functionality
– Designs, develops and tests simulation software for use in high fidelity simulation-based training systems; training systems may include a combination of console and weapon system simulation, virtual reality, and augmented reality
– Design and develop artificial intelligence algorithms to tutor, assess and evaluate learner knowledge
– Develops and maintains databases to monitor and analyze learner and system performance
– Collaborates with Systems and Qualify Engineers to ensure software requirements are met
– Performs software peer reviews, version control, automated tests, software analysis, continuous integration, and continuous delivery in accordance with DevSecOps processes and best practices
– Performs code quality management and correct defects
– Coordinates with HW/SW team to perform retests and regression tests once defects are corrected
– 5 years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a technical discipline; 3 years with Masters; 0 with PhD.
– Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance.
– Missile Defense and Sense/Warn based systems
– Strong experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Travis CI or Circle CI
– Strong experience with deployment automation tools such as chef, puppet or ansible
– Experience with working in a fast paced, agile environment with the ability to work on cross-function Scrum team focused on quality and capability delivery
– Familiarity with DevSecOps, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
– Familiarity with distributed version control software (Git, Mercurial)
– Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
– Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming), Scaled Agile Framework – SAFe for Lean Enterprises
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com